I have been involved in the employment sector for over 16 years and I understand the importance of having a community “at work”. Stratford has had among the lowest level of unemployment in Ontario for several years now. This is an important indicator as it shows the strength of Stratford.
We must continue to Retain & Recruit to ensure that we continue to be a leader. We are very fortunate to be a destination of choice for large international companies which have chosen to call Stratford home for their business. However, it is just as important to recognize the locally grown businesses which started here and continue to flourish.
To envision what is next – anything is possible. As a community we see Stratford constantly change and adapt as we identify opportunities and confronted challenges. There are challenges of course – a skilled workforce, affordable housing for those who move here for employment, as well as those for whom Stratford is already both a home and a workplace.
- Recruit new industries and business
- Retain current businesses
- Ensure a balanced and diverse economy
- Continue to build our international reputation as a place to do business
- Support the University of Waterloo and its role as an incubator for emerging digital businesses and entrepreneurs
- Support for business in key areas:
- Labour attraction
- Serviced ready land